Sun 4 Nov 2007
Naomi Wolf is an outstanding pamphleteer. She makes the case that all ten steps to fascism are in play in America. Her arguments are clear, convincing and persuasive that an an organized plot is afoot to strip us of our freedoms and institute an American fascist state.
The ten steps to fascism, as outlined by Ms. Wolf:
- Invoke an internal and an external threat
- Establish secret prisons
- Develop a paramilitary force
- Surveil ordinary citizens
- Infiltrate citizens groups
- Arbitrarily detain and release citizens
- Target key individuals
- Restrict the press
- Cast criticism as “Espionage” and dissent as “Treason”
- Subvert the rule of law
Unfortunately, she made her case in the first half of each chapter, then filled the chapter out to make book length. This would have been a great 50 or 75 page pamphlet. There is just too much fluff to be Thomas Paine.